Yaxchilan Bonampak 2 days trip from Palenque
Discover the beauty of Chiapas and meet the local community
- Morning: Depart from your hotel at 6:00 AM in Palenque, breakfast on the road at 7:45 AM, and then a ride to Frontera Colozal to take a "lancha" boat to the island of Yaxchilan. Duration of visit: 2 hours. Return to Frontera Colozal by "lancha" boat and have lunch.
- Afternoon: Tour of Bonampak, a site that features magnificent frescoes.
- Night: Overnight lodging in the Lacanjá camp, located in the heart of the Lacandon jungle. Meet the local community and their custom.
- Morning: Breakfast followed by a walk through the jungle to visit a magnificent waterfall. Discover hidden ruins (4 hours), enjoy lunch in the heart of the community and explore the Lacandon culture.
- Afternoon: Return to Palenque around 7:30 PM.
Included in the activity:
Transportation from Palenque, pick-up at your hotel
Admission to nature reserves and archaeological sites
5 meals per person
Overnight stay in a cabana nestled in the jungle
Certified local English-speaking guide for 2 days
Make sure you bring:
- Suncream (eco friendly)
- Cap/ Hat
- Sports shoes
- Bug repellent (eco friendly)
The guide will pick you up at your hotel in Palenque.